Frisbie launches new electronic health record system
February 1, 2017
On February 1, 2017, Frisbie Memorial Hospital launched a new state-of-the-art, fully integrated electronic health record (EHR) system that improves patients’ access to their personal health information and achieves greater coordination across the entire care continuum.
Key enhancements of the new EHR system include:
- Fully integrated EHR system enabling convenient and secure access to information in one location
- Increased patient engagement by way of streamlined communication between patient and healthcare provider
- Improved ability to manage conditions through a more comprehensive health record
Through the new MEDITECH EHR system, patients have secure and convenient access to the most up-to-date health information by way of a new patient portal: My Frisbie CONNECT.
Patients will be able to:
- Send secure messages to their healthcare provider
- View appointments and request new appointments
- Review lab results and radiology reports
- Request prescription renewals
- Review current medications and view information about medications
- View visit history and hospital discharge information
- Set-up proxy accounts for children and dependent adults
As we transition from the old EHR system to the new fully integrated EHR system, we will be working hard to minimize check-in wait times in both primary care and hospital settings. During this time, we recommend that patients arrive approximately 15-20 minutes prior to the time of their schedule appointments. We ask also that patients bring their insurance card to their appointment (beginning February 1, 2017) so that we may enter the insurance information in to the new EHR system.
Patients will be able to sign up for My Frisbie CONNECT beginning February 1, 2017. Frisbie patients presently enrolled in FollowMyHealth will continue to have access to their personal electronic health record. However, no new health information will flow into FollowMyHealth after January 31, 2017.