Upcoming Events & Classes
- This event has passed.
Opioid Epidemic in Rochester Information Session
You’re invited to learn more about the opioid epidemic in Rochester. Topics covered to include:
- Effect of opioids on the brain
- Warning signs of opioid abuse
- Different treatment options (e.g. inpatient vs. outpatient, abstinence-based vs. MAT, etc.)
- Medication assisted treatment (including Suboxone and Methadone)
- How to help a friend or loved on
About Guest Speaker, Melissa Fernald, MLADC:
Melissa Fernald, LICSW, MLADC, is a Clinical Supervisor at Groups: Recovery Together. Melissa is a dually licensed clinician with 20 years experience in the addiction field. She is a nationally recognized speaker who has educated communities across seven states on issues related to substance use. In addition to providing treatment to those suffering with mental illnesses and substance use disorders, she has been heavily involved in efforts in NH to address the opiate epidemic. Melissa is passionate about helping our community understand addiction and how to access the appropriate treatment.