Why Give to Frisbie
Building Stronger Community Care
The rich tradition of giving to Frisbie began in 1923, when members of the Frisbie Memorial Hospital Auxiliary made and supplied all of the hospital's linens. Following incorporation in 1952, this dedicated group of volunteers focused on fundraising as its primary mission and purchased its first piece of equipment in 1954. Since then, Auxiliary members have presented contributions in excess of one million dollars for equipment and expansion of patient services
In 2006 Frisbie established a new Office of Fund Development, staffed with professionals experienced in fundraising on the local level, as well as through businesses, corporations, foundations and federal resources. Working alongside the Auxiliary, this office continues to build support of various medical, educational and community wellness projects not available elsewhere in the communities serviced by the hospital.
Today, Frisbie Memorial Hospital relies on financial contributions to assure a high level of quality care. Hospital income along with the challenges of reimbursements for uncompensated care are not enough to support a vibrant community hospital dedicated to growth and cost-effective care. Your gift, no matter the size, makes a big difference in maintaining a healthier community. You may download our Annual Giving Campaign form here.
Why give to Frisbie?
It's about people.
People give to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for a number of reasons. For many, it is an extremely personal way to express thanks to someone special who may have touched their lives in a significant way — a physician, a nurse or a support staff member — anyone who may have come forward to provide exceptional care and family support above and beyond the call of duty.
It's about technology.
Donations, large and small, help make it possible for Frisbie to purchase the very latest technology such as our new lower dose radiation 128-slice CT scanner and other state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. Area residents are fortunate to have access to some of the most modern medical applications available today. Investments in technological innovation at Frisbie rely, in part, on generous financial donations from area residents and businesses.
It's about trust.
When patients walk through the doors of the hospital, they put their trust in the hands of Frisbie's team of caregivers. By making a donation to Frisbie, donors are helping to assure that the highest standard of care is available to everyone — regardless of one's ability to pay — and to build trust and respect that promotes wellness and a healthier community.
Ways to Give to Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Expanding Our Care for Our Community
Your generous gift to the Annual Fund Campaign will help...you can make the choice and the difference.
Sustained support from community residents and businesses, medical providers and hospital personnel helps ensure that Frisbie Memorial Hospital is well positioned to continue to provide quality health care services to the communities it serves. In 2006, the Board of Trustees voted to launch the hospital's first official Annual Fund Campaign to raise funds to support important community health initiatives, which are vital to improving the overall wellbeing of patients and their families. Since 2006, over $115,000 has been raised through the Annual Fund Campaign to help support much needed community-based programs.
The 2012-2013 Annual Fund Campaign is focusing on expanding essential services to our patient community. Our goals are ambitious because they are necessary to ensure that healthcare services are accessible to those in need. Your gift to the Annual Fund Campaign will help to make sure the following programs are available:
- Patient Transportation Program - A great success! – Frisbie Memorial Hospital's Patient Care-A-Van provides transportation services to our patient community to their scheduled medical appointments. In addition, this program helps working caregivers with transportation support for their family members. The Patient Care-A-Van has proven to be a great success to our patient community, however, the cost of providing this much needed service is over $130,000 a year. Your generous gift will help to ensure that our patients will be able to make their scheduled medical appointments.
- Frisbie Smiles: In-school Dental Education Program – Each year, a dental hygienist and support staff visit 14 elementary schools (grades 1-3) providing free in-school dental hygiene check-ups and education. Over the years, this program has continued to grow - expanding into six communities to meet families' increasing dental needs. With your donation, you can help sustain this much needed children's educational program.
- Patient Aid Fund – Each year, Frisbie Memorial Hospital provides charity care to patients who cannot afford their physician recommended follow-up treatment plan. This fund provides qualified patients with the bridge needed so that they can receive necessary medical care, which is essential to living healthier lives.
- Bedside Glucose Monitoring System - The modern management of hospitalized patients with diabetes and/or high blood sugars can effectively be monitored at their bedside. This measure is an additional "vital sign" for people living with diabetes, which needs to be measured as closely as a patient's pulse and blood pressure. This bedside glucose monitoring system provides quick results, improves disease management, which effectively shortens hospital stays. With your generous donation, we can continue to provide advanced technology to better care for patients living with diabetes.
We are reaching out to the Frisbie community to ask for your support of the Annual Fund Campaign to benefit our patient community. Donations of all sizes are gratefully accepted and appreciated. Letters inviting your support will be mailed out in early November. If you are interested in making a donation to our Annual Fund Campaign, we've providing several convenient ways to obtain an Annual Fund Campaign form:
- You may visit our Fund Development Office located on the first floor of the hospital .
- You can call our Fund Development Office at 603-330-7909 to request the form.
- You can download the form from here.
Many choose to give to Frisbie in memory of a loved one, to honor someone special, to mark a special occasion or to recognize a special caregiver for providing exceptional care. Gifts to this fund are used by the hospital to address a special need unless otherwise requested by the donor. You can download the form here.
Frisbie Legacy Society:
An Investment in Quality Community Healthcare
The Frisbie Board of Trustees is pleased to announce the creation of the Frisbie Legacy Society. The Legacy Society was created to more formally recognize and honor everyone who includes Frisbie Memorial Hospital in their will or estate plan. From the early years of the Hospital through today, bequests, gifts of life insurance, real estate and other "planned gifts" have helped to support and strengthen the mission of Frisbie and our ability to offer quality care for all. Today's planned gifts will do the same for future generations ensuring leading-edge medical care and technology close to home.
Gifts of any size are important and greatly appreciated. Becoming a member of the Frisbie Legacy Society is easy. Please consider including Frisbie Memorial Hospital in your will or estate plan today, or if you already have, let us know so we can include you in our Frisbie Legacy Society. For more information (without obligation) or if you have questions, please contact the Fund Development Office at 603-330-7909 or email email@example.com.
Please fill out the Legacy Society Enrollment form and return it to the Fund Development Office. The Hospital does not require that you disclose any details of your gift.
Perhaps the simplest way to contribute is with a cash gift. They are tax-deductible as provided by law.
Many companies sponsor matching gift programs to encourage employees to support Frisbie Memorial Hospital. In fact, some employers match dollar for dollar, while others will double or triple donors' gifts. If your gift is eligible, simply request a matching gift form from your employer and send it to the Office of Fund Development at Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
Many special events are held throughout the year that raise additional funds to enhance a number of worthwhile projects at Frisbie Memorial Hospital. Everyone who participates in any of these projects helps to provide valuable services to our patients and families.
Donations received from a generous community underscore the importance of the hospital's mission to provide quality, cost-effective health care every hour of every day — whether for an unexpected visit to the emergency room, to receiving advanced treatments as a result of a serious illness, or to experience the birth of a child.
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of patients and families in our community.
To make a gift or to discuss any details about how to become a supporter of Frisbie Memorial Hospital, contact:
Phone: (603) 330-7909
Fax: (603) 994-7432