Better Choices, Better Health
Do you live with a chronic health problem?
Do you care for someone who does?
Better Choices, Better Health is a six-week program designed for anyone living, or caring for someone, with a chronic health condition such as diabetes, asthma, back pain, or any other persistent health problem.
- Learn techniques to deal with problems like frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Learn exercises appropriate for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Learn appropriate use of medications.
- Learn to effectively communicate with family, friends and health professionals.
- Learn the benefits of proper nutrition.
- Learn how to evaluate new medical treatments.
Is Better Choices, Better Health right for you? Consider these ten questions:
- Do you have ongoing health challenges?
- Do you care for someone with ongoing health challenges?
- Do you feel you have a lot of stress in your life?
- Do you struggle to manage your stress?
- Do you feel tired all of the time?
- Do you want to exercise but don't know how to get started?
- Do you want to "eat healthy" but don't know what to eat?
- Do you feel uncomfortable asking your doctor questions?
- Are you on medications, but unsure why you take them?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your life and want to do something about it?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you would benefit from Better Choices, Better Health.
Cost: $30 per person/$45 per couple - includes a workbook and CD. A limited number of scholarships are available. Registration is required. For more information, or to register, please call Community Health Educator, Rachel Eichenbaum at (603) 332-3100 extension 8610.