What is Endocrinology?
Endocrinology is a complex medical field that specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the body’s numerous glands that keep our bodies running as smoothly as possible. When diseases or adverse medical conditions arise or when the body fails to act as it should under normal conditions, an endocrinologist can help.
Why do people with diabetes see an endocrinologist?
Diabetes is a disease that affects the pancreas, the large gland that produces a hormone called insulin. In type 1 diabetes, the insulin producing cells in the pancreas are destroyed. In type 2 diabetes, insulin is still produced but the body becomes resistant to its function.
Contact us to learn more about how an Endocrinologist can:
- Manage and treat the disease by prescribing the newest medications
- Help with treatment of conditions affecting our endocrine glands and tissues that secrete them
- Provide education regarding proper diet
- Help patients keep a close watch on their blood glucose levels
- Treat hormone imbalances, including diabetes thyroid diseases,osteoporosis, cholesterol disorders, high blood pressure and thyroid cancer
Physician referrals are required. Talk to your provider about a referral to the Diabetes and Endocrine Center.
Diabetes & Endocrine Center
245 Rochester Hill Road, Unit 1B
Rochester, NH 03867
Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pmDirections
The Center at a Glance
Diagnosis and Education
Whether you just been diagnosed with or have lived with diabetes for years, our progressively trained educators will provide you with the education, tools and support needed to live a healthier life.
Our focus is on the care and treatment of a wide range of endocrine disorders, including diabetes.
You are at the center of a team approach to manage your treatment in all areas of endocrinology and diabetes.
“Frisbie’s team provided invaluable education regarding proper diet to manage my diabetes”