Frisbie’s pulmonologists care for patients with respiratory illness, including chronic pulmonary disease, emphysema, cough, sinusitis, lung problems, shortness of breath and asthma. In addition, the pulmonologists are part of The Chest Center at Frisbie Memorial Hospital; a multidisciplinary team working together in the diagnosis of suspected lung cancer or the treatment of known lung cancer.
We Use Advanced Diagnostics to Detect Lung Cancer
Frisbie’s pulmonologists use a new diagnostic procedure called endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) to help diagnose diseases of the chest area. Benefits include:
- No incisions
- minimally invasive
- State-of-the-art technology
- Real time imaging of lungs, airways, lymph nodes and blood vessels
- It is more accurate and reduces patient recovery time
- Patients can generally go home the same day
- Provides improved images for better evaluation
Frisbie’s Sleep Center
The pulmonologists also treat patients with sleeping disorders such as sleep apnea, which is often accompanied by snoring and fatigue. While our patients are typically referred to us by their primary care physician, they may contact us at any time for an appointment.