MRI at Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Our new Toshiba Vantage Titan MRI provides for a more comfortable experience as it has a larger open bore (opening) design - 71 cm compared to 60 cm in conventional models - and is nearly 50 percent quieter. What's more, the Vantage Titan MRI has the ability to perform 70% of all procedures in a feet-first position.
MRI scans often require gadolinium-based contrast agents, especially for vascular studies called MR Angiograms (MRAs). While generally safe, these agents pose some risk, especially for patients with renal impairment. Frisbie's Toshiba Vantage Titan MRI scanner includes proprietary contrasts-free MRA techniques. Fewer patients will now need gadolinium contrast, and patients who could not have MRA studies because of renal impairment will now be able to have them done safely without contrast.
The Toshiba Titan MRI offers a number of exclusive technologies that improve the quality of breast MR for the widest range of patients and imaging applications, including:
- Silicone- and water-only imaging and high resolution sequences enhance comprehensive breast implant and cancer diagnostic capabilities.
- Toshiba's patented Slice Selective Fat-Free imaging techniques significantly improve image clarity by separating out fat tissue.
- A unique, bilateral, dedicated breast coil enhances resolution for kinetic analysis and lesion characterization.
- Biopsy compatible coils accommodate all patient sizes and facilitate the performance of biopsies more comfortably without the need for repositioning.
MR Enterography is a special type of magnetic resonance imaging performed with a contrast material to produce detailed images of the small intestine. MRI uses a powerful magnetic field, radio frequency pulses and a computer to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, bone and virtually all other internal body structures.
Detailed MR images allow physicians to evaluate various parts of the body and determine the presence of certain diseases. Physicians can use MR Enterography to identify and locate:
- The presence of and complications from Crohn's disease
- Abscesses and fistulas
- Bowel obstructions
Convenient and accessible
Outpatient hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 8:30pm, and Saturday, 8am - 3pm.