How to be successful at your next blood drive
June 22, 2017
On Friday, June 23rd, we will be holding a blood drive from 12:00-5:00pm. Please join us in the Education and Conference Center to donate. For those who haven’t given blood before, we have some tips from the Red Cross for you.
Here’s how you can be successful at your next blood drive:
- Drink fluids: Drinking water before you donate can help prevent dizziness and faintness
- Eat a balanced, healthy meal: A few hours before you are ready to donate, make sure to eat a substantial meal as this will help keep your blood sugars level
- Wear the right clothing: Make sure to wear something that can be easily raised above the elbow
- Bring your ID: We cannot accept a blood donation without a form of identification, so make sure to check your wallet before heading in
- Relax and enjoy a snack: After you donate, please slowly start moving around and help yourself to our on-site refreshments
We look forward to seeing you during the blood drive and appreciate all of our generous donors!