Frisbie Memorial Hospital is committed to providing safe care to all patients. We have in place initiatives designed to prevent mistakes or potential harm, such as:
- Surgical safety checklist
- Fall prevention
- Medication safety
- Improving communication between patient and care providers
- Prevention of pressure ulcers
- Infection prevention
To learn more about improving communication between patient and health care providers, visit the Patient Education Program, Ask Me 3, web page for resources, including a video on patient/provider communication.
In addition, we maintain a proactive approach to patient safety. For more information, please download Frisbie Memorial’s Speak Up flyer.
Prevention of infection is our priority; Frisbie Memorial Hospital has one of the lowest infection rates in the State of New Hampshire, which can be attributed to three behaviors that have proven to reduce the spread of infection:
- Frequent use of hand washing sanitizer
- Surgical Site Infection Prevention through administration of preventive antibiotics at time of surgery
- Immunizations – we strongly recommend and immunize patients against seasonal influenza (October – April), and for pneumonia all year long.
For more information, visit NH DHHS for a full report on all NH hospital infection rates.