Frisbie Memorial Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program consists of a multidisciplinary team, which includes Medical Director, Dr. Sachin Saksena, registered nurses, physical therapists, and dietitians, that develops personalized treatment plans to meet the unique needs of each individual. Each plan will include an educational and physical exercise component, consisting of three classes each week for several weeks.
We Treat the Following Diagnoses & Conditions:
- Heart attack
- Cardiac surgery, such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Heart failure
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
- Decrease chance of having another heart attack or cardiac event
- Control symptoms of heart disease such as chest pain and shortness of breath
- Improve strength, stamina, ability to walk and other enjoyable activities
- Gain emotional support and share camaraderie with others who have had similar experiences
- Learn ways to reduce personal risk factors for heart disease
- Improve confidence and well-being
Cardiac rehabilitation is generally covered by most health insurance companies. Individuals should check with their insurance company to determine if cardiac rehab is covered and to determine the amount of their co-pay, co-insurance, and deductible (if applicable).
The Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs at Frisbie Memorial Hospital are certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
11 Whitehall Road
Rochester, NH 03867
(603) 330-7900 Ext. 8284Directions
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Team:
A physician referral for cardiac rehabilitation services is required. The referral needs to include the diagnosis and specify Cardiac Rehabilitation Services. For more information, call (603) 330-7900 ext. 8284.