The comfort of knowing your loved one is safe at home.
Frisbie Memorial’s Cognitive Performance Evaluations and Treatment program is designed to assess a person’s level of functioning so that family members, caregivers and physicians can provide the appropriate level of care to someone experiencing impaired cognitive functioning.
If you’ve noticed any of the following behaviors in your aging loved one, consider scheduling an evaluation to determine their current level of cognitive functioning, and to assess their safety at home and while they are driving:
- Unkempt appearance or unexplained weight loss
- Struggling with medications or money management
- Memory loss, confusion or difficulty understanding information or conversations
- Repeatedly making mistakes with familiar activities
- Driving difficulties i.e. getting lost or unable to remember where the car is parked
The Occupational Therapists of Frisbie Memorial’s Rehabilitation Services perform comprehensive evaluations to assess:
- Executive functioning
- Mental flexibility
Depending on evaluation results, we may recommend additional treatment options to improve cognitive function, including:
- Working directly with an Occupational Therapist to improve memory and concentration
- Teaching family members or caregivers how to assist their loved one or patient
- Making recommendations for home modifications
- Teaching patients how to compensate for cognitive problems impairments.
To learn more about Frisbie Memorial’s Cognitive Performance Evaluations and Treatment program, contact Rehabilitation Services at (603) 330-8952.