Specially-trained in Ostomy Care
Frisbie Memorial Hospital’s Outpatient Ostomy Services has board-certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing (CWOCN) staff specially-trained to evaluate and treat individuals who have an ileostomy, colostomy, or urostomy.
We will work with your surgeon and other health care providers to ensure that you receive the best care possible.
- Preoperative education and stoma site marking to prepare you for surgery
- Support and education after surgery to help you feel confident in caring for your stoma
- Assistance with selecting appropriate ostomy supplies
- Instruction in colostomy irrigation
- Evaluation of complications:
- Adhesion/fit of pouch/applicance
- Skin breakdown at stoma site
Consultations are available in Frisbie’s Special Procedures department, located on the Ground Floor off the hospital main entrance.
Appointments require a referral from your surgeon, gastroenterologist, or primary care provider.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
11 Whitehall Road
Rochester, NH 03867