Frisbie Memorial’s partnership with Unidine dining services demonstrates the hospital’s commitment to health and wellbeing by offering fresh and nutritious meals for patients, visitors and staff. Unidine’s OHSOGOOD program “makes healthy, delicious food choices for healthier lifestyles easier to make” as they will be designated with the OHSOGOOD food label, which means the food offering will meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Contains healthy fats for their promotion of heart health and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Made with whole grains.
- Made with all lean animal or vegetarian proteins, which are low in saturated fats, i.e. tofu, legumes, chicken, turkey, fish and lean cuts of pork.
- Will include a minimum of one serving of vegetables or fruits.
- Contains only a healthy moderation of sodium (750 mg or less for entrees and 250 mg or less for snacks).
- Portioned to fit any healthy lifestyle.
- Entrees will be 600 calories or less.
- Snacks will be 200 calories or less.
The Café is open Monday – Friday, 6:30 am – 7:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 am – 6:30 pm.