Frisbie Memorial Hospital’s Speech Therapy services offer comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic, and consultative services for children and adults, enabling individuals of all ages to move beyond the frustrations of impaired or ineffective communication. We recognize that communication disorders affect a diverse population, regardless of age, education, or economic status and are dedicated to supporting individuals in the development and/or recovery of their communication skills.
We are committed to maintaining the highest level of knowledge, expertise, and integrity in recognizing and treating each client as a unique individual with specialized needs. We believe that it is essential for family members to become actively involved in this ongoing process. Without family involvement, the success of transitioning newly-acquired skills from the therapeutic setting to the home setting may be significantly reduced. Parents or family members are always welcome to observe their child’s therapy and speak with the therapist regularly.
We Treat the Following Diagnoses & Conditions:
- Articulation disorders
- Fluency disorders
- Voice disorders
- Feeding and swallowing disorders
- Pediatric feeding: evaluation & treatment
- Language delays and disorders including reading and writing
- Language / learning disabilities
- Cognitive / communication disorders
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Orofacial myofunctional disorders (Tongue Thrust)
- Social pragmatic disorders