Each year, Frisbie Memorial Hospital sponsors, through sponsorship and charitable contributions, numerous community groups and nonprofit organizations. Through partnerships with nonprofit community-based service organizations, Frisbie provides benefit to the community by addressing issues and concerns that affect overall community health, as identified in its Community Health Needs Assessment. Due to the volume of requests, all sponsorship and donation requests must be received 90 days prior to the date of the activity or donation deadline and Frisbie’s preset sponsorship application deadline (listed below). Please read the following guidelines carefully as our application selection process and criteria for sponsorship have changed.
Sponsorship is defined as direct financial or in-kind support for special events and partnerships, including support for activities that benefit the communities we serve. Examples of sponsored activities include nonprofit fundraisers, fun runs and walks, health fairs, etc.
Evaluation of Criteria
In an effort to match limited discretionary funds with community health needs, each request will be dependent on the following established guidelines:
- The fundraising activity will reach a target audience in Frisbie’s service area;
- Requesting organization provides services and/or offers programs with the potential to improve health outcomes in the communities we serve;
- The sponsorship / donation will help to support programs / services that address a community health need identified in Frisbie’s Community Health Needs Assessment;
- The organization’s mission must align with Frisbie’s mission, strategic priorities and areas of focus; and
- Participation will promote a positive and value-added opportunity such as logo placement, banners, public service announcement and/or speaker opportunities.
Application Selection Process
We are appreciative to receive numerous sponsorship requests every year. However, please be advised that we are unable to fulfill every request, even if it meets all above criteria. Funding decisions are based on available resources and the degree to which proposals meet sponsorship priorities and funding criteria.
All requests must be made in writing to the Marketing Department or by completing the online application. Requests made in writing will need to include the Sponsorship and Donation Request Application form, completed in its entirety, and mailed to the address listed on the form. Each requester will be notified whether the request was approved or declined. For community benefit reporting purposes, organizations awarded sponsorship must submit a post event/program report that outlines how the sponsorship positively impacted health outcomes.
To be considered, requests must include all of the following:
- Name of activity including description, date, time and location
- Organization must have current 501 (c)3 not-for-profit status, tax exempt status under IRS code section 170, or be a governmental agency or department, or a public educational institution.
- Estimated number of event participants (if applicable)
- Listing of all event sponsorship levels along with the benefits aligned with each level (recognition at event, promotional activities such as printed material about the event, social media posts, save-the-date announcements, etc.)
- Deadline for sponsorship support and the name and contact information of the requester
- Artwork specifications (accepted file formats, size of ad/resolution of graphics, color specifications), artwork deadline and the email address of where to submit artwork
2019 Sponsorship Application Deadlines
Applicants must complete the Sponsorship and Donation Request Application, available online form (below) by download and submit by the preset application deadline. Requests are reviewed four times per year. Applicants missing the application deadline will not be considered for the current giving cycle. Requests made by organizations between deadline dates will be held until the next giving cycle. Organizations will be notified of their award status within two weeks following the application deadline. Processing of the contributions may take up to six weeks.
Applications must be received prior to the preset deadline to be considered for current application cycle. Applications received after deadline will be considered in the next cycle.
- January 25
- April 12
- July 12
- October 11
Frisbie’s Community Benefits Committee will convene to review sponsorship/charitable donation requests two weeks after application deadline.
In addition to aforementioned criteria, Frisbie will not support funding for the following:
- Religious functions
- Travel expenses
- Political groups or organizations
- Lobbying groups
Community Benefits Report
Sponsorship and charitable donations are reported in Frisbie’s Community Benefits Report.
Frisbie’s primary service area includes the following communities:
- East Rochester
- Lebanon, ME